Northern Dynasty is committed to working shoulder to shoulder with our stakeholders to achieve the responsible development of our project and to contribute to the sustainable development of the communities in which we work. All our activities are guided by the following principles:
- Health and Safety: We ensure our activities protect the health and safety of our employees and contractors, and of the communities in which we work. We operate in a responsible manner so that our activities protect the health and safety of our employees and contractors, and of the communities in which we work.
- Stakeholder Engagement: We engage with governments, communities, indigenous peoples, organizations, groups and individuals on the basis of respect, fairness, transparency, and meaningful consultation and participation.
- Community Development: We work in partnership with key stakeholders to support sustainability of local communities through development initiatives that are based on local priorities, goals and aspirations.
- Environment and Society: We apply environmental and social best management practices in the planning, design and implementation of our activities, from exploration through to closure of our mining operations. We meet or exceed regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions in which we work.
- Resource Use: We use land, water and energy resources responsibly; strive to maintain the integrity and diversity of ecological systems; and apply integrated approaches to land use.
- Human Rights: We respect human rights principles, as well as local cultures, customs and values, in our dealings with employees, communities and other stakeholders.
- Labour Conditions: We provide fair treatment, non-discrimination and equal opportunity for our employees, and comply with labour and employment laws in the jurisdictions in which we work. We strive for excellence in relations between management and employees.
Northern Dynasty integrates these Principles of Responsible Mineral Development within our corporate management and decision-making, and we work to continually improve our performance. From project acquisitions and exploration through to mine closure, we assess the financial, social and environmental benefits and risks of our business decisions. Our activities are consistent with international standards, codes and practices that relate to mineral development around the world.
The Pebble Partnership deploys a comprehensive program of project-focused initiatives, reflecting our commitment to optimize local employment, business development and training opportunities.
Northern Dynasty’s Commitments regarding Human Resources, Health & Safety, Environment, Communities & Other Stakeholders, Ethics & Compliance are available here.
Extractive Sector Transparency Act:
As a Company committed to transparency and responsible development of resources, representatives of Northern Dynasty supported and were involved in the governmental consultation process to develop the Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act, which requires Canadian extractive companies to publicly disclose, on an annual basis, payments made to governments in Canada and abroad. More information on the Act is available here.
Northern Dynasty’s Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act Reports can be found here.